Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fools' Day

I've never been much of a practical joker. I hate being on the receiving end, so I'd never dream of being on the giving end of a nasty joke. I have a hard time even with really minor pranks. No imagination for them, apparently. So I have nothing to share today that would be at all jokey.
I can, however, dream. ...
My day is perfect. My children are all absolutely, completely obedient and helpful. They play happily together, providing background noise of gentle, cute giggles. My baby isn't clingy -- instead, she watches her older sisters play and participates in what she can without making them say, "Mah-uhm! Charlotte's messing up our stuff!!"
I go to the gym for my daily workout and find that, unwittingly, I've lost 10 pounds overnight. I can fit into some nice pants that have previously been too tight. I look in the mirror and find my skin is absolutely clear and beautiful, no zits in sight.
I sit down at the computer and find that the text for my next great American novel is springing to mind completely formed, and lining itself up on my monitor with almost no effort from my fingers. Writer's block is gone, ideas are ingenious, poignant, at times gently humorous.
I don't have to worry about what to cook because a top chef is coming today to make a scrumptious meal everyone will love that is healthy and low in calories.
After dinner, my husband and I are able to jet out of town for a few days to Europe, for a quick, romantic getaway. The Concorde is still flying, so we can arrive in just a couple of hours without any jetlag. Our energy is high, and fireworks light up the night sky just for us.

... apparently I still have a little imagination left. Here's to life, love, and foolish dreams!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great post for today! I'm like you too as far as practical jokes go. I might do my own dreamy post ...