Friday, July 6, 2007

Summer's half over

For those of you who live where school ends in June and starts in September, you'll be surprised to hear me say that summer is "half over." But it's true. The girls start back to school in a little over a month. They've been out of school for a month and a couple of weeks. So I'm pretty much on the home stretch! I have to admit that it's not been too bad and I've kind of enjoyed the summer in some ways, but I'm still not the one who's all eager to get out and do all kinds of fun things with the kids. It's probably their ages and the fact that I have a baby around who is making me tired, thus sapping me of much energy or enthusiasm that would be required for those fun outings. The girls have been good in many ways but they have still definitely had their share of fighting and fussing and screaming and squealing. I am looking forward to some regular peace and quiet once school is in and it's just Charlotte and I during the day. REALLY. I'd sometimes just like to throw them all in a room and lock the door from the outside and go downstairs and put in earplugs.
But I have to say that I really, really appreciate Brianna's age and size. She has been extremely helpful with Charlotte. It's made having a baby around much easier. Still tired, but I can sometimes get naps more readily with Brianna's help. So here's a shout-out to my eldest, who 11 years ago made me wonder how I would ever make it through her infancy. She is now a great boon.

No comments: